When you are looking for information on a product or service, where do you go first? With today’s technology, the majority of people head straight for the internet, enter a phrase into a search engine and check the search results. Most usually won’t look past the first page, maybe the second page, of search results to find the information they want. This is why, as a business owner, you want your links to appear on the first page. Those links get the most clicks.
Search engines can produce results specific to your geographic area or worldwide, depending on the product or service needed and the search phrase used. So you’re presence on the Web is vital. This presence, however, is more than just a website. Without an effective internet marketing plan, your business will get lost deep in page after page of scrolling search results and won’t be found.
So, what are some true benefits of an internet marketing plan? Here are a few…
- Cost Efficient Marketing Plans – Internet Marketing is the most cost-effective method of advertising your business. Websites can be created with minimal cost for you. Then, using the vast selection of online tools to establish an online presence is minimal when you compare that with more traditional forms of advertising.
- Location, location, location – You want to be where the majority of your buyers are. Most buyers are online for at least a portion of their day. If they are searching for products and services online, you need to be online.
- You’re never closed – While most stores and shopping centers close around 9 or 10PM every day, your website is always there. At any time of the day or night, consumers can access your website and find exactly what they want.
- Customized or Targeted Offerings – Social Media is a great place to offer promotions or discounts on your products or services. Something as simple as “like our page and receive 10% off” gets instant attention. If all a consumer has to do is click a button to get a discount, you’re likely to get a sale.
- Reputation and Credibility – The more times you’re found and the higher your ranking in search results, the more likely consumers are to buy from you. It also helps build a positive reputation for your company resulting in even more customers. Brand Awareness is everything…people need to feel comfortable with who they are buying from.
A quality internet marketing plan is an important part of the growth of your business and should be included in your company’s overall marketing strategy. Use the valuable tools the internet offers for your company to build your brand online.